Mergers & Acquisitions
An effective M&A process requires superior business and tax strategy on the ramp, structuring the deal, confirming the deal in diligence, closing and even after the closing. We intend to add value in every transaction and deliver superior client service in the process. Our core team, and ancillary supporting services, structure to set up opportunities, meet client objectives and assist clients in:
- strategic business acquisitions;
- sell side representation of closely held and midsized companies;
- buy and sell side M&A for family owned and entrepreneurial businesses, including those involved in business continuity, succession planning and exit strategies, and can arrange for funding;
- restructurings and divestitures;
- controlled bid and brokered transactions with strategic and financial buyers;
- private equity and angel financed transactions;
- representations and warranties insurance;
- joint ventures;
- taxable, tax deferred, disguised sale, roll ups and other typical corporate and partnership structures; and
- capitalizing on developing strategies.
Supporting Practice Groups
Supporting services include professionals concentrating their practices in tax and employee benefits, environmental, labor and employment, real estate, and insurance. Links to these aligned practice areas and biographical information are included in this Mergers & Acquisitions landing page.
Health Care M&A
In addition to our core team with broad industry experience, we provide a committed M&A team concentrating in the health care industry. It is comprised of David L. Kuhl, Kevin D. Devaney and Breanne M. Rubin.
Our M&A team receives referrals from other law, accounting and collaborating financial services firms that appreciate our culture and service.
Strategies are designed to achieve our clients’ business objectives. For appropriate clients, lead M&A counsel will bargain for value added tax strategies, some of which are win-win, early enough on the ramp and in the deal to set them up. Our attorneys also provide structuring, tax and other niche support through collaborating firms on a national platform. In a similar manner, we access a bench of external service firms that enhance our offerings, some of which are creative, unique, proprietary and one of a kind.
Representative industries include:
- Information Technology (IT)
- Health Care
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Service and Professional Service Firms
Core M&A Team
For more information on how our M&A team can assist you, please contact one of our M&A attorneys.
- Gary M. Harden, Chair
- Graham A. Bluhm
- Kevin D. Devaney
- Kaitlin L. Hoop
- David L. Kuhl
- Fadi V. Nahhas
- Breanne M. Rubin
- Patrick A. Sadowski
- Jeffrey D. Snavely
References are available upon request.
Publications & News
- An Overview of Emerging COVID-19-Specific M&A Contract ProvisionsMarch 12, 2021
- Force Majeure Clauses Amid the COVID-19 OutbreakMarch 12, 2020
- October 1, 2015
- Enforceability of Non-Compete Agreements Following a Merger: Supreme Court of Ohio Overrules Earlier DecisionNovember 30, 2012