Prominently located on Capitol Square in the heart of downtown Columbus, Ohio, is Eastman & Smith’s Columbus office. It is a growing, full-service office that tends to clients’ needs in a broad range of personal and business services such as:
- Estate Planning and Probate;
- Health District;
- Municipal and Township;
- Real Estate; and
- Workers’ Compensation Law
Our Columbus-based attorneys represent not only clients located in Columbus, but also outlying communities in Delaware, Fairfield and Licking counties. Additionally they coordinate across the state and region to meet the multi-district needs of our clients and interact with the legislature and agencies to proactively address governmental changes affecting our business clients. Our office is conveniently located across from the Capitol in the Chase Bank Building. Free parking is easily accessible from Third Street.
As the capital of Ohio, one of the Columbus area’s major employers is the state government. Columbus is home to another large and famous employer, The Ohio State University. Professional and business services, as well as trade, transportation and utilities are few of the biggest industries in the area.
Columbus has one of the youngest and most well-educated populations in the Midwest which has sparked rapid and vibrant growth in the technology sector. There are many amenities in the region including the Columbus Zoo, multiple museums, shopping, colleges and universities, professional as well as collegiate sports, parks and restaurants for every taste.
Service to the community and profession is important to the attorneys of Eastman & Smith. We are active in many civic and community organizations some of which include:
- American Subcontractors Association
- Builders Exchange of Central Ohio
- Clintonville Academy
- Columbus Men’s Senior Baseball League
- Columbus Public Schools Special Olympics
- Construction Financial Management Association
- Franklinton Board of Trade
- Kiwanis Club of Columbus, Inc.
- National Association of Remodeling Industry
- National Stone Sand & Gravel Association's Council of Counsels
- New Albany Chamber of Commerce
- Ohio Aggregates and Industrial Minerals Association
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce
- Ohio Farm Bureau's Healthy Water Ohio
- Ohio Forestry Association
- Ohio Township Association
- Ohio Water Resources Advisory Group
- Orange Township Economic Development Advisory Board
- Organization of Solid Waste Districts of Ohio (OSWDO)
- The Athletic Club of Columbus
- Westerville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Women’s Business Centers of Ohio
Eastman & Smith is proud of its history and its role in the Columbus community. We look forward to meeting your needs to the best of our abilities.