Events & Speaking Engagements
The law and how it affects you and your business is constantly changing. Eastman & Smith’s attorneys regularly share their legal knowledge by speaking at seminars, webinars and community events on a wide range of topics. Some upcoming events are listed below. Should you have a topic you need addressed, please contact us to discuss your needs further.
Upcoming Events & Speaking Engagements
- 0Employment Law SeminarHilton Garden Inn at Levis Commons - Perrysburg, Ohio - 6165 Levis Commons Blvd, Perrysburg, OH 43551, October 5, 2017, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. Cost: $25 (Includes lunch)
Join us for an advanced, yet practical, discussion of significant employment law issues impacting businesses, including:
• FMLA Fumbles: Lessons Learned from Recent FMLA Cases;
• Smoking Hot New Developments: Marijuana in the Workplace;
• Recognizing and Preventing Workplace Retaliation;
• The NLRB’s New Agenda;FLSA Pitfalls: Docking and Other Common Wage and Hour Errors; and
• HR Roundtable: Local HR Leaders Discuss Recruiting, Retention, Performance Management and Employee Engagement.
This seminar will also feature an interactive segment in which attendees analyze real-life scenarios and discuss how to identify issues and enhance the prospect of favorable outcomes.
Past Events & Speaking Engagements
- 0Join us for an advanced discussion of significant employment law issues impacting businesses.Quest Conference Center - 8405 Pulsar Pl, Columbus, OH 43240, June 21, 2017, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Registration is complimentary and begins at 8:30 a.m. Continental breakfast included.
Join us for an advanced discussion of significant employment law issues impacting businesses, including:
• Workers’ Compensation Update
• Protecting Trade Secrets and Drafting Non-Compete Agreements
• What Employers Need to Know about Medical Marijuana
• Transgender Rights in the Workplace
• Employment Law Update
The presenters will analyze real-life scenarios and discuss how to identify issues and enhance the prospect of favorable outcomes.
HRCI credit hours pending
- 0Hilton Garden Inn at Levis Commons - Perrysburg, Ohio, June 14, 2017, 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 p.m. Registration is complimentary and starts at 8:15 a.m.
Join us for an advanced discussion of significant employee benefits issues, including:
- Fiduciary duties and compliance
- Status of health care benefits after ACA and efforts to repeal it
- IRS retirement plan document requirements and use of pre-approved plans
- Required documents for health and welfare plans
- 0Workers’ Compensation UpdateHilton Garden Inn at Levis Commons - Perrysburg, Ohio, May 19, 2017, 8:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. Registration is complimentary and starts at 8:00 a.m.
The attorneys of the Labor & Employment Practice Group of Eastman & Smith Ltd. invite you to their annual Northwest Ohio area workers’ compensation seminar.
- 0Eastman & Smoth welcomes Brigid Heid to our Columbus office100 E. Broad Street, Suite 2100, May 2, 2017, 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Eastman & Smith Ltd. welcomes Brigid Heid to our Columbus office.
Please join us as we gather to enjoy drinks and appetizers in celebration of Brigid joining the Firm.
- 0Drafting Effective Employment Policies and HandbooksThe Toledo Club - 235 14th Street Toledo, OH 43604, March 30, 2017, 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Registration starts at 8:30 a.m. Cost $20 (includes continental breakfast)
Drafting Effective Employment Policies and Handbooks
The Labor and Employment Practice Group of Eastman & Smith, Ltd. has scheduled several small group workshops to discuss strategies for drafting and implementing effective employment policies and handbooks. The workshop is designed to encourage active participation and questions from attendees, and will focus on best practices and practical tips for drafting policies that meet legal compliance standards, promote effective and efficient management of your workforce, and provide the necessary defenses to avoid or survive litigation.
Participation will be limited to 20 attendees.