Events & Speaking Engagements
The law and how it affects you and your business is constantly changing. Eastman & Smith’s attorneys regularly share their legal knowledge by speaking at seminars, webinars and community events on a wide range of topics. Some upcoming events are listed below. Should you have a topic you need addressed, please contact us to discuss your needs further.
Upcoming Events & Speaking Engagements
- Save the Date - October 13Hilton Garden Inn Perrysburg, October 13, 2022
Past Events & Speaking Engagements
- 2022 Ohio SHRM State CouncilColumbus, OH, June 1, 2022, 8:00 a.m. - 5:25 p.m.
Sarah Pawlicki and fellow panelists Kevin Shrimp of the Ohio Chamber of Commerce and Rep. Brian Lampton will discuss workers’ compensation issues for remote employees. The panelists will discuss the current debate in the Ohio General Assembly seeking to better define the remote work environment. They will also help employers understand the compensability of claims filed under the existing laws and will provide considerations for developing best practices for a remote workforce.
- Innovative Business Law SeminarHilton Garden Inn Perrysburg, May 20, 2022, 1:00 p.m. 4:30 p.m. Registration starts at 12:30 p.m. Networking reception will follow the seminar.
- Save the Date - March 18Hilton Garden Inn Findlay, March 18, 2022, 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Registration is complimentary and starts at 8:00 a.m. Includes complimentary continental breakfast.
- Virtual, November 18, 2021, 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.
On November 4, 2021, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued an “Interim Final Rule” mandating certain health care facilities and other entities to require their employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. The rule is broader than OSHA’s new “Emergency Temporary Standard” and does not permit a weekly testing option. Join us for a complimentary webinar for a discussion of the following issues:
- Which entities and individuals are covered by the expansive CMS rule?
- What steps are required to reach compliance, and how soon must we act to do so?
- How quickly must individuals be vaccinated?
- How does CMS define “fully vaccinated"?
- What is the deadline for employees to request religious and medical exemptions?
- What are the best practices for evaluating exemption requests?
- How do we determine, record, and report vaccination status?
The presenters will discuss these and other frequently asked questions and how health care related businesses should prepare for compliance with and implementation of the new mandate.
- Webinar, November 17, 2021, 1:30 to 4:45
Join us for an afternoon program regarding employment law.