Events & Speaking Engagements
The law and how it affects you and your business is constantly changing. Eastman & Smith’s attorneys regularly share their legal knowledge by speaking at seminars, webinars and community events on a wide range of topics. Some upcoming events are listed below. Should you have a topic you need addressed, please contact us to discuss your needs further.
Past Events & Speaking Engagements
- Virtual, November 18, 2021, 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.
On November 4, 2021, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued an “Interim Final Rule” mandating certain health care facilities and other entities to require their employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. The rule is broader than OSHA’s new “Emergency Temporary Standard” and does not permit a weekly testing option. Join us for a complimentary webinar for a discussion of the following issues:
- Which entities and individuals are covered by the expansive CMS rule?
- What steps are required to reach compliance, and how soon must we act to do so?
- How quickly must individuals be vaccinated?
- How does CMS define “fully vaccinated"?
- What is the deadline for employees to request religious and medical exemptions?
- What are the best practices for evaluating exemption requests?
- How do we determine, record, and report vaccination status?
The presenters will discuss these and other frequently asked questions and how health care related businesses should prepare for compliance with and implementation of the new mandate.
- Webinar, November 17, 2021, 1:30 to 4:45
Join us for an afternoon program regarding employment law.
- Virtual, November 16, 2021, 12:00 p.m.
The long-awaited Emergency Temporary Standard regarding COVID-19 mandating vaccines or weekly testing and face-coverings was published by OSHA on November 5, 2021. Attorneys Jim Yates and Sarah Pawlicki with Eastman & Smith Ltd. will be discussing the ETS, what employers it covers, and what employers need to do in order to comply. Jim and Sarah will also be discussing the recent legal challenges to the ETS that may impact compliance deadlines.
- Virtual, November 12, 2021, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
OSHA’s New Emergency Temporary Standard requiring employers with 100 or more employees to either be vaccinated or submit to weekly testing was just issued. Join Eastman & Smith attorneys and Chamber Workplace Regulations Committee members Jim Yates and Sarah Pawlicki for a webinar discussing the new requirements.
- Emerging from a Global Pandemic: Essential Compliance Updates for EmployersVirtual, October 19, 2021, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.