News & Events
- COVID-19 Insights and Information
Attorneys at Eastman & Smith have been actively disseminating information addressing issues arising from COVID-19 pandemic.
- Don’t Let Supply Chains Bind Your Future
ConstructionDive interviewed Eastman & Smith member Matthew D. Harper regarding what construction contractors can do to meet their obligations as well as protect themselves when the supply chain kinks.12/1/21
- Estoppels: Necessary for Commercial Real Estate Transactions?
Ever wonder if you need an estoppel in a commercial real estate transaction? Or perhaps just wonder what an estoppel is? Kyle D. Tucker, a member of Eastman & Smith, discusses some aspects of estoppels in a Leverage.com post.11/23/21
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Preparing for Compliance with the CMS Vaccine Mandate Webinar
On November 4, 2021, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued an “Interim Final Rule” mandating certain health care facilities and other entities to require their employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. The rule is broader than OSHA’s new “Emergency Temporary Standard” and does not permit a weekly testing option. Join us for a complimentary webinar for a discussion of the following issues:
- Which entities and individuals are covered by the expansive CMS rule?
- What steps are required to reach compliance, and how soon must we act to do so?
- How quickly must individuals be vaccinated?
- How does CMS define “fully vaccinated"?
- What is the deadline for employees to request religious and medical exemptions?
- What are the best practices for evaluating exemption requests?
- How do we determine, record, and report vaccination status?
The presenters will discuss these and other frequently asked questions and how health care related businesses should prepare for compliance with and implementation of the new mandate.11/18/21
- 2021 Eastman & Smith Employment Law Update at the Columbus Bar Association
Join us for an afternoon program regarding employment law.11/17/21
- Emergency Temporary Standard: Who it Impacts & How to Comply
The long-awaited Emergency Temporary Standard regarding COVID-19 mandating vaccines or weekly testing and face-coverings was published by OSHA on November 5, 2021. Attorneys Jim Yates and Sarah Pawlicki with Eastman & Smith Ltd. will be discussing the ETS, what employers it covers, and what employers need to do in order to comply. Jim and Sarah will also be discussing the recent legal challenges to the ETS that may impact compliance deadlines.11/16/21