Laterals & Recruiting
Eastman & Smith’s historic growth and expansion has occurred, in part, due to its commitment to strategic lateral affiliations. Established lateral attorneys with mature practices have joined us individually and in groups in all four of our offices, helping to provide greater depth of coverage, expertise and efficiencies for our collective clients. We are interested in experienced attorneys at the member/partner and of counsel levels who share a common vision and passion for the practice of law, add new and valuable legal skills and growing practice opportunities to the Firm, and in return benefit from our top-notch facilities, seasoned administrative support, diversified practice coverage and supportive culture. Some examples of lateral opportunities at Eastman & Smith include:
Toledo: We are looking for experienced attorneys (individuals or groups) in a variety of practice areas for our Toledo office. Ideal candidates are those attorneys who understand the rapidly changing local legal industry and are excited about becoming a part of a firm that not only has a history of longevity and stability, and a committed vision for the future. As the headquarters of our Firm, our Toledo office provides full service support to attorneys looking to collaborate with us in pursuing a vibrant, sustainable and enjoyable legal practice.
Associate – Litigation Section
Eastman & Smith Ltd., an established firm with a history of longevity and stability and a committed vision for the future, is seeking a highly-trained commercial litigation associate attorney in our Firm’s Toledo office.
We are looking for an attorney with 4-5 years of commercial litigation experience who is interested in supporting, maintaining, and expanding a diverse commercial litigation practice. Candidates should have first-chair trial experience litigating and arbitrating cases involving breach of contract, UCC issues, business torts, and other business-related actions. Qualified candidates with additional experience in matters involving construction, real estate, and land use will be preferred.
Successful candidates should have the following:
- Licensed to practice law in Ohio. Additional licensure in Michigan will be preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle commercial litigation and arbitration independently and with minimal supervision.
- Strong sense of service to our clients and colleagues.
- Strong legal research and writing skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities.
- Self-awareness about strengths and weaknesses and a willingness to grow and learn.
- Strong sense of professionalism and work ethic.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, including a student loan repayment program with employer match and paid parental leave, a collegial environment and an excellent opportunity to continue to develop strong skills and grow with a preeminent regional firm. We are an equal opportunity employer. Please send resume and a writing sample with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.