Laterals & Recruiting
Eastman & Smith’s historic growth and expansion has occurred, in part, due to its commitment to strategic lateral affiliations. Established lateral attorneys with mature practices have joined us individually and in groups in all four of our offices, helping to provide greater depth of coverage, expertise and efficiencies for our collective clients. We are interested in experienced attorneys at the member/partner and of counsel levels who share a common vision and passion for the practice of law, add new and valuable legal skills and growing practice opportunities to the Firm, and in return benefit from our top-notch facilities, seasoned administrative support, diversified practice coverage and supportive culture. Some examples of lateral opportunities at Eastman & Smith include:
Toledo: We are looking for experienced attorneys (individuals or groups) in a variety of practice areas for our Toledo office. Ideal candidates are those attorneys who understand the rapidly changing local legal industry and are excited about becoming a part of a firm that not only has a history of longevity and stability, and a committed vision for the future. As the headquarters of our Firm, our Toledo office provides full service support to attorneys looking to collaborate with us in pursuing a vibrant, sustainable and enjoyable legal practice.
Associate - Business Section
Eastman & Smith Ltd., an established firm with a history of longevity and stability and a committed vision for the future, is seeking a highly-trained transactional tax associate attorney in our Firm’s Toledo office.
We are looking for an attorney with 2-4 years of transactional tax experience who is interested in developing and maintaining a diverse business practice. Candidates should have experience in tax analysis, planning, controversy, compliance, business transactions and/or mergers and acquisitions.
Successful candidates should have the following:
- Licensed to practice law in Ohio
- An LL.M. in taxation, CPA certification, or comparable tax or accounting background would be an added advantage but is not required.
- Strong sense of service to our clients and colleagues.
- Strong legal research background and training.
- Highly developed transactional drafting experience.
- Ability to assist in the evaluation of acquisitions, dispositions, mergers, reorganizations and joint ventures.
- Ability to assist with the structuring of transactions and of legal entity changes needed for tax minimization.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities.
- Self-awareness about strengths and weaknesses and a willingness to grow and learn.
- Strong sense of professionalism and work ethic.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, a collegial environment and an excellent opportunity to continue to develop strong skills and grow with a preeminent regional firm. We are an equal opportunity employer. Please send resume with salary requirements to email@example.com.