Serving clients as diverse as Fortune 500 companies, municipalities, solid waste management districts, and major RCRA hazardous waste treatment, storage and disposal facilities, Eastman & Smith provides experienced environmental counsel throughout a multi-state region. Formed in the early 1980s, the Firm's environmental section includes attorneys whose practice is limited to environmental and administrative law, and whose responsibility it is to assist our clients by providing practical, results-oriented, quality legal representation across a full range of services, including:
- Representing clients before state and federal courts and administrative agencies on a wide range of environmental matters;
- Interpreting and applying federal and state environmental statutes, regulations and policies;
- Negotiating permits, corrective and voluntary action plans, agreed orders and consent decrees;
- Negotiating, drafting and lobbying with respect to proposed environmental legislation and agency rule-making;
- Drafting and supervising the implementation of compliance programs, including compliance audits;
- Assisting clients with responding to administrative agency actions, including requests for information, response actions and enforcement actions;
- Addressing environmental issues in the context of brownfield redevelopment projects and other business and real estate development transactions;
- Providing legal support on all types of remediation or cleanup projects; and
- Prosecuting and defending litigation under environmental statutes and common law for public and private clients.
For details pertaining to our work in the management of solid waste, please review the Solid Waste Management Practice Group description.
We invite you to contact one of our attorneys to see how we may assist you.
Publications & News
- January 11, 2017
- February 10, 2016
- October 18, 2012
- September 6, 2012
- October 6, 2011
- August 30, 2010
- March 24, 2008
- November 12, 2013
- January 28, 2013
- June 1, 2007