- Ohio, 2005
- Florida, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2005
University of Toledo, J.D., 2005
University of Toledo, B.S. (Physics and Mathematics), 2002
Patrick A. Sadowski’s current practice areas include nonprofit organization formation and taxation; estate planning; Medicaid planning; probate, estate and trust administration; estate, trust, gift and income taxation; general business law, including mergers and acquisition and business succession planning; and real estate.
He joined Eastman & Smith's Findlay office in 2008 and is a member in the Firm's Business Law and Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Practice Groups.
- Obtain tax-exempt status for, and general representation of, nonprofit entities, such as charter schools, public and private foundations, health care organizations, civic and community organizations, churches and religious organizations, and traditional charitable organizations.
- Represent sellers and purchasers in mergers and acquisitions of various companies and practices, including tax planning, transition planning, and post-closing planning.
- Coordinate with landowners, brokers, economic development groups, and site selectors to structure real estate agreements for large scale industrial developments.
- Assist clients in planning their estates in order to qualify for Medicaid and Veteran's Administration benefits, mitigating estate taxes and probate costs, and addressing issues surrounding potential remarriage of a surviving spouse, caring for minor children, and asset management and protection for beneficiaries.
- Assist business owners with succession planning to preserve the owners' businesses for future generations and to ensure that their families receive fair value at the business owners' deaths.
Honors & Affiliations
- Findlay-Hancock County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Red Cross, North Central Ohio Region Board of Directors (secretary, past vice chair and past chair)
- Blanchard Valley Health Foundation Planned Giving Council
- Children's Mentoring Connection of Hancock County Board of Directors (president-elect)
- Findlay Kiwanis
- Findlay-Hancock County Alliance Board of Directors (president)
- Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development Advisory Board (past president)
- Hancock Leadership Class of 2009
- Marathon Center for the Performing Arts (board chair)
- Safe Ride Home Board of Directors (treasurer)
- St. Michael the Archangel School/Parish Foundation Board of Trustees
- University of Toledo Natural Sciences and Mathematics and Alumni Affiliate (past vice president)
Honors & Awards
- 2013, 2016 American Red Cross Volunteer Leadership Award
- 2014 Findlay-Hancock County Chamber of Commerce Professional of the Year Nominee
- 2016 - 2018 Ohio Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers
- 2016 20 Under 40 Award
Publications & News
Publications & Newsletters
- "Searching for Periodicity in Selected B-e Stars"Ohio Space Grant Consortium Annual Research Symposium, Proceedings X, 2002
- "Geometry and Optics Calibration for Air Fluorescence Detectors Using Star Light"Astroparticle Physics Journal, December 2002, Vol. 8, Issue 3, pp. 237-248