- Ohio, 1991
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, 1992
- Hon. Judge Potter, United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Capital University, J.D. cum laude, 1991
State University of New York at Buffalo, M.B.A., 1987
State University of New York at Buffalo, B.S. (Pharmacy), 1986
Kevin D. Devaney, a registered pharmacist and an attorney, brings his perspective as a health care provider, as well as over thirty years of legal experience, to his role in assisting health care clients with peer review matters, compliance issues and health care-related business transactions (including mergers and acquisitions). He is a member of Eastman & Smith.
Mr. Devaney earned a bachelor of science in pharmacy and masters of business administration from the University of Buffalo, and graduated from Capital University Law School cum laude.
While in law school, he served as the managing editor of the law review. After law school, he clerked for the Honorable Judge John W. Potter, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, Western Division. Mr. Devaney joined Eastman & Smith in 1996.
In keeping with the physician-focused nature of the Health Care Practice Group, Mr. Devaney
- routinely represents individual and medical group practices' interests in transactions and dealings with the two major health care systems in the marketplace, including assisting physicians with medical staff professional review actions;
- represents two of the largest multi-specialty physician practices in the area, several hospitals in the outlying communities, as well as a local physician-hospital organization. Other health care clients include diagnostic imaging centers, behavioral health providers, pain management centers, and ambulatory surgery centers; and
- has served as counsel in connection with hospital mergers, the development of physician-hospital joint ventures and ambulatory surgery centers, as well as the growth and unwinding of large physician practices.
Honors & Affiliations
Honors & Awards
Mr. Devaney is a trustee of the Coghlin Memorial Institute which supports the Coghlin Rehabilitation Hospital on the Health Science Campus of the University of Toledo, and a member of the American Health Lawyers Association.
Publications & News
- January 31, 2022
- August 18, 2021
- January 25, 2017
- August 3, 2016
- HIPAA Business Associate Agreements: Recent Settlement Actions Illustrate Importance Of Business Associate Agreements To HIPAA ComplianceMay 9, 2016
- March 24, 2016
- May 15, 2015
- March 20, 2013
- February 13, 2013
- December 15, 2008
- June 1, 2008
- October 1, 2007