- Ohio, 2000
- Michigan, 2003
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2001
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 2003
University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 2000
Brigham Young University, Master of Organizational Behavior, 1995
Northern Kentucky University, B.S. (Management/International Studies) summa cum laude, 1993
Fadi V. Nahhas concentrates his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, general corporate law, commercial transactions and immigration.
He focuses on serving, and is a trusted advisor to, midsize companies with revenues as high as $500 million in a variety of industries including businesses in the service, manufacturing, automotive, food and telecommunications industries. Mr. Nahhas is a member of Eastman & Smith's Business Law Practice Group.
In response to the increasing cross-border needs of Firm clients, Mr. Nahhas built a successful immigration group practice from the ground up. He has assisted many of his clients to develop strategies that best serve their immigration needs in hiring foreign nationals on a permanent and temporary basis. He also has assisted foreign nationals and their families to obtain and maintain legal status in the United States.
Prior to his admission to practice, Mr. Nahhas taught international business and managerial skills courses at Northern Kentucky University and has published several articles related to small business development in the Middle East.
He is a graduate of the University of Cincinnati College of Law where he was a senior book review editor at the University of Cincinnati's Human Rights Quarterly, a member of the executive board of the University of Cincinnati Moot Court Board and a member of the Order of Barristers. He received a master of organizational behavior from Brigham Young University and a B.S., summa cum laude, in management and international studies from Northern Kentucky University.
Mr. Nahhas currently serves as a member of the Executive Committee of the Firm.
In addition to his involvement with the Firm's governance and professional groups, Mr. Nahhas speaks to various groups regarding business and immigration law issues.
Mr. Nahhas has served as outside general counsel to many of his clients and has assisted many clients in strategic acquisitions and planning and the sale of several businesses including the:
- $140 million sale of assets of a national telecommunications reseller to an international company;
- $18 million sale of assets of a pet food distributor;
- $12 million sale of stock of a cross-border manufacturing operation;
- $15 million sale of an employment services company;
- $8 million sale of a tax services business; and
- $55 million sale of assets of an automotive parts manufacturer to a multinational company.
He has also helped many clients by closing several multi-million dollar loan refinancing transactions.
As part of his management of the Immigration Practice Group, Mr. Nahhas has
- assisted clients in identifying immigration related issues arising out of I-9 compliance, restructuring and corporate acquisitions.
- successfully guided companies in securing temporary and permanent visas for their employees, including H-1B, H-3, TN, L-1A, L-1B, and B-1 temporary visas and employment based permanent visas for professionals, skilled workers, multinational executives, persons with extraordinary ability or advanced knowledge and outstanding researchers successfully navigating, where applicable, through the labor certification application process (PERM or special handling), as well as immigrant petitions and general adjustment of status applications.
Honors & Affiliations
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Ohio State Bar Association (chair, Corporate Counsel Section)
- State Bar of Michigan
- American Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Past recipient of the 20 Under 40 Leadership Award
- Graduate of the Leadership Toledo program
Publications & News
- September 1, 2016
- September 27, 2012
- December 22, 2009
- August 17, 2007
- July 6, 2007