White Collar Crime and Investigations
The United States is experiencing a significant increase in the investigation and prosecution of businesses and individuals for economic crimes. The attorneys in Eastman & Smith’s White Collar Crime and Investigations practice group are uniquely qualified to assist clients through every stage of government investigations and prosecutions. Our white collar attorneys routinely advise clients both prior to and during white collar criminal investigations, and throughout the grand jury process. When the matter cannot be resolved without litigation, our experienced trial attorneys provide an aggressive defense in the courtroom.
The attorneys in our White Collar Crime and Investigations practice have represented corporate and individual clients in connection with government investigations in a wide array of substantive areas, including, but not limited to:
- Fraud and Embezzlement (including Wire Fraud, Mortgage Fraud, Bankruptcy Fraud, Health Care Fraud, Mail Fraud, and Bank Fraud);
- Tax Crimes (including Tax Evasion/Fraud, Willful Failure to Collect or Pay Tax, Failure to File or Supply Information, and False Statements);
- Money Laundering and Structuring;
- Environmental Crimes;
- Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (“RICO”);
- Theft of Government Funds; and
- Identity Theft/Fraud and Forgery.
Our White Collar Crime and Investigations practice is not limited to defending targets of criminal investigations. Our attorneys advise corporate clients with respect to internal investigations, whether it be helping to identify embezzlement, theft of trade secrets and proprietary information, or employee misconduct. Our attorneys also assist clients who have been victimized by white collar crime, and are experienced in civil fraud recovery. Finally, our attorneys advise corporate and individual clients who may be witnesses in criminal, governmental or regulatory investigations, and routinely represent individuals and businesses who have received grand jury subpoenas.
Contact one of our White Collar Crime and Investigations attorneys to discuss how we can help you.