- Ohio, 2007
- U.S. District Court:
-Southern District of Ohio
-Northern District of Ohio
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
Capital University, J.D cum laude, 2007
The Ohio State University, B.A. (Political Science), 2004
Defending clients embroiled in federal and state prosecutions and investigations is the crux of Todd A. Long’s practice.
Part of the White Collar Crime and Investigations Practice Group, Mr. Long has represented businesses, business professionals, public officials, medical professionals and educators in matters involving fraud, embezzlement, tax controversies, public corruption, regulatory enforcement matters and business litigation. He manages matters in both federal and state courts as well as before government regulatory entities. His experience includes dealing with the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), Homeland Security Investigations, Internal Revenue Service (IRS), U.S Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Ohio Attorney General’s Office, Ohio Ethics Commission, Ohio Inspector General and other federal and state law enforcement agencies.
Mr. Long obtained his law degree from Capital University and a bachelor’s degree in political science from The Ohio State University. His undergraduate accomplishments include a minor in International Studies. Upon completion of his law degree, Mr. Long began practicing law at a firm he co-owned, which gave him insights into problems business owners experience in operating their companies.
Besides law, Mr. Long enjoys reading, strength training and spending time with his wife and their children.
Examples of Mr. Long’s legal experience include:
- Represented an individual charged in, reportedly, the largest public corruption case in Ohio history. Vigorously defended the client through a contentious two-year pretrial and discovery phase, involving millions of records, and a seven-week long jury trial in federal court.
- Represented the owner and CEO of a multi-million dollar company who was the target of a four year grand jury investigation into allegations of fraud, public corruption and theft of intellectual property rights. Conducted an internal investigation, and successfully negotiated a 15-month diversion agreement that resulted in a complete dismissal of the indictment.
- Represented the owner and CEO of multiple private health care facilities who was the target of a federal criminal investigation into allegations of health care fraud and false statements. Conducted an internal investigation, negotiated a favorable civil settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice, and avoided criminal charges.
- Represented the CFO of a manufacturing company in the defense supply chain who was the target of a federal criminal investigation into allegations of fraud and overbilling. Conducted an internal investigation, negotiated a favorable civil settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice, and avoided criminal charges.
- Represented the VP of a regional banking institution who was indicted in federal court on charges of orchestrating a multi-year bank fraud and embezzlement scheme. Negotiated a resolution that avoided significant sentencing penalties.
Honors & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Ohio State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Named as an Ohio Rising Star by Super Lawyers, 2015 – 2021.
- CALI Award for Excellence in Advance Criminal Procedure
- Order of the Curia