- Ohio, 2002
- Michigan, 2003
- U.S. Courts of Appeals:
Sixth Circuit, 2008
Eighth Circuit, 2010
- U.S. District Courts:
Northern District of Ohio, 2003
Southern District of Ohio, 2010
Eastern District of Michigan, 2011
Northern District of Illinois, 2012
Western District of Tennessee, 2013
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2015
University of Toledo College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2002
Middle Tennessee State University, B.A., 1998
Lynn Vuketich Luther exclusively concentrates her practice in representing management in labor and employment matters. “I provide employers with efficient, common sense solutions to effectively manage their workforces without burdening business operations.”
Ms. Luther, member, represents employers in federal and state courts, before administrative agencies, and by providing innovative consultation on how companies can best manage their workforces. Ms. Luther has represented clients in many industries, from Fortune 500 companies to small family owned businesses, with a particular focus in the automotive, manufacturing and health care sectors.
Ms. Luther regularly lectures at seminars designed to educate clients and organization members on various aspects of employment law. Managing FMLA leaves, the impact of recent U.S. Supreme Court decisions on the workforce, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act are several topics Ms. Luther has addressed recently.
Throughout her legal career, Ms. Luther has:
- Successfully defended employers in claims alleging discrimination, wage and hour violations and other employment matters in courts and administrative agencies across the country.
- Developed common sense employment policies and strategies designed to minimize litigation.
- Advised on employment matters through a company’s life cycle – from the start of a new company through reductions in force and business closures.
- Represented employers on OSHA matters and related safety requirements.
- Counseled employers on Affordable Care Act compliance.
- Represented employers in non-competition and trade secret claims.
- Provided training to all employees – from senior executives to hourly workers – on employment related matters.
Honors & Affiliations
When not practicing law, Ms. Luther is involved in the community and the legal profession. She serves on the board of the Greater Southeast Michigan Society for Human Resource Management, the Human Resource Association of Southeast Michigan, St. Kateri Catholic Schools, and the Oregon Economic Development Foundation. Ms. Luther also serves as the chairperson of the employment law committee for the Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys (OACTA).
Honors & Awards
Ms. Luther has been named an Ohio Rising Star for several years, most recently in 2015. She also was recognized as OACTA’s committee chairperson of the year for her service to that organization.
Publications & News
- September 1, 2016
- December 31, 2011
- September 1, 2011
- December 22, 2009
- November 13, 2009
- April 10, 2009
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Drafting Effective Employment Policies and HandbooksThe Toledo Club - 235 14th Street Toledo, OH 43604, March 30, 2017
- Drafting Effective Employment Policies and HandbooksThe Toledo Club - 235 14th Street Toledo, OH 43604, March 29, 2017
- Drafting Effective Employment Policies and HandbooksHilton Garden Inn Findlay - 1050 Interstate Drive West Findlay, OH 45840, March 28, 2017
- Presented by: Ottawa County, Sandusky County and Sandusky Area Safety Councils, Sandusky County Human Resources Management Association & Ohio Bureau of Workers’ CompensationApril 22, 2016
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)April 21, 2016
- Employment Law Webinar, March 16, 2016
- Hilton Garden Inn Perrysburg, Ohio, February 4, 2016
- October 1, 2015
- September 18, 2013
- September 18, 2013
- June 17, 2013
- January 20, 2012
- January 8, 2009
- June 1, 2008
- August 1, 2005