- Ohio, 2001
- U.S. District Courts:
-Northern District of Ohio, 2002
-Southern District of Ohio, 2005
-Eastern District of Michigan, 2013
-Eastern District of Arkansas, 2014
-Western District of Arkansas, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2002
University of Toledo College of Law, J.D. magna cum laude, 2001
University of Toledo, B.A. cum laude, 1998
"My experience before administrative agencies and courts has taught me many effective ways to resolve disputes, often before they become expensive and public."
Heidi N. Hartman, member, concentrates her practice in the areas of employment law, labor law and related litigation. She has represented large and small employers in a variety of industries -- including automotive, education, manufacturing and health care -- in a wide assortment of employment matters and disputes. Ms. Hartman counsels employers to resolve situations with their employees and regularly defends employers in litigation if charges are filed in administrative agencies, such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Ohio Civil Rights Commission (OCRC) or National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).
Ms. Hartman and her husband, Randy, have two young sons and reside in Perrysburg.
- Regularly defends employers in complex employment litigation before both state and federal courts.
- Advises clients in wage and hour matters and defends class as well as collective actions filed under FLSA and state law.
- Successfully defended employers against employment discrimination and retaliation claims brought under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), state non-discrimination statutes, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and employment-related tort claims.
- Assists employers in developing and drafting effective and legally compliant employee handbooks and other policies.
- Counsels on affirmative action planning and OFCCP investigations.
- Handles internal investigations regarding allegations of discrimination, harassment and violations of company policies, as both an investigator and/or a legal advisor.
- Advises and negotiates on labor and employment matters arising during acquisitions and divestitures.
Honors & Affiliations
- Order of the Coif
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Toledo (associate board of trustees member)
- Findlay Area Human Resources Association (board member)
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Honors & Awards
Ms. Hartman has been named one of Ohio's Rising Stars by Law & Politics magazine as a result of surveys of the Ohio Super Lawyers.
Publications & News
- March 19, 2021
- September 1, 2016
- February 4, 2013
- July 25, 2011
- April 5, 2010
- November 13, 2009
- September 26, 2008
- July 6, 2007
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Recorded 4-30-2020April 30, 2020
- February 14, 2018
- 2017 Corporate Counsel InstituteOhio State Bar Association, 1700 Lake Shore Dr., 43204, October 27, 2017
- Employment Law SeminarHilton Garden Inn at Levis Commons - Perrysburg, Ohio - 6165 Levis Commons Blvd, Perrysburg, OH 43551, October 5, 2017
- May 10, 2017
- Drafting Effective Employment Policies and HandbooksThe Toledo Club - 235 14th Street Toledo, OH 43604, March 30, 2017
- Drafting Effective Employment Policies and HandbooksThe Toledo Club - 235 14th Street Toledo, OH 43604, March 29, 2017
- Drafting Effective Employment Policies and HandbooksHilton Garden Inn Findlay - 1050 Interstate Drive West Findlay, OH 45840, March 28, 2017
- The Employers' Associaton Annual ConferenceHilton Garden Inn at Levis Commons - Perrysburg, Ohio 6165 Levis Commons Blvd, Perrysburg, OH 43551, March 17, 2017
- Hilton Garden Inn - Findlay, May 11, 2016
- Employer's Right to Drug Test Panel DiscussionDrury Inn and Suites Findlay Ohio, April 7, 2016
- Employment Law Webinar, March 16, 2016
- Hilton Garden Inn Perrysburg, Ohio, February 4, 2016
Publications & Newsletters
- "Survey: For Better or Worse: An Analysis of Recent Challenges to Domestic Partner Benefits Legislation"University of Toledo Law Review, 31 U. Tol. L. Rev. 527 (2000)
- March 7, 2016
- March 18, 2014
- The EEOC Filed its First Lawsuits Under GINA, Giving Employers a Reminder to Update their Policies and Practices to Avoid LiabilityJune 17, 2013
- March 21, 2013
- March 21, 2011
- September 20, 2010
- January 22, 2010
- September 29, 2009
- January 8, 2009