Super Lawyers and Rising Stars 2013
Eastman & Smith Ltd. is proud to present its attorneys who have been selected for inclusion in the 2013 Ohio Super Lawyers and Ohio Rising Stars. Super Lawyers magazine generates a listing of attorneys, specifically, the top five percent in each state. To be designated a Super Lawyer, attorneys must have successfully gained high peer recognition, have reached achievement of some degree in their field and have consistently met ethical standards. Rising Stars are limited to just 2.5% of attorneys in the state. The selection criteria for Rising Stars is very similar to that of Super Lawyers. However, only those attorneys who are younger than 40 and/or have practiced for less than 10 years are eligible for Rising Star consideration. Eastman & Smith's attorneys selected in 2013 are shown below:
Ohio Super Lawyers
- John M. Carey (Business Litigation; Business/Corporate)
- Peter R. Casey, III (Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice; General Litigation; Employment Litigation: Defense)
- Robert J. Gilmer, Jr. (Business Litigation; Employment Litigation: Defense; Professional Liability: Defense)
- Gary M. Harden (Tax: Business/Corporate; Mergers & Acquisitions)
- James F. Nooney (Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice; Personal Injury Defense: General; Business Litigation)
Ohio Rising Stars
- Heidi N. Hartman (Employment & Labor; Employment Litigation: Defense)
- Sarah E. Pawlicki (Employment & Labor; Workers' Compensation)
- Rene L. Rimelspach (Environmental; Government/Cities/Municipalities; Employment & Labor)
- Carrie L. Sponseller (Employment & Labor)
- Connie S. Swemba (General Litigation; Professional Liability: Defense; Construction Litigation)
Mr. Harden has appeared in Ohio Super Lawyers for ten straight years, while Mr. Nooney and Mr. Casey have both been selected for eight straight years.
The Firm congratulates these attorneys on their inclusion in the 2013 lists.