- Ohio 1981
U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
U.S. Supreme Court
Duke University, J.D., 1981
Bowling Green State University, B.A., cum laude, 1978
“Now more than ever before, businesses, organizations and individuals, need to effectively, creatively and economically address increasingly complex challenges. I take pride in that my experience, legal and non-legal, has allowed me to develop and explore, not only the traditional - but alternative, cost-effective solutions.”
A member of Eastman & Smith, Stephen A. Roepke has over forty years of experience in the practice of law and has served the Findlay-Hancock County/Northwest Ohio region since 1981. His practice is focused on business/business owner planning; business related representation; estate planning, trust and probate administration; and real estate acquisition and development.
As a resident of Findlay and Hancock County, Mr. Roepke is committed to serving his community. He was actively involved in downtown development and major revisions to both the Findlay Zoning Ordinance and Findlay Income Tax. Mr. Roepke previously served as a church youth leader and coached youth sports. He is listed in Best Lawyers in America® (2017 - present).
•Provided general advice concerning the formation and operation of business ventures.
•Handled estate planning, trust and probate administration.
•Worked with the development of condominium projects in Findlay, Marion and Pickerington, Ohio.
•Organized limited liability companies engaged in the production of commercial motion pictures.
•Represented entities engaged in various roles in the construction process.
•Represented real property owners in eminent domain proceedings.
•Successfully challenged the re-zoning of real property in Marion Township, Hancock County, Ohio.
•Obtained damages for a business buyer resulting from reliance on seller representations.
•Successfully represented Ohio Savings Bank in prosecuting its rights under a Loan Participation Agreement.
•Successfully defended general contractor from property owner claims while collecting monies due the general contractor.
•Obtained both a reversal of a 1.25 million dollar judgment and an appellate court remand for the dismissal with prejudice of the underlying case.
•Successfully obtained damages from a condominium developer pursuant to Ohio condominium law.
Honors & Affiliations
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Findlay-Hancock County Bar Association
- FHCBA Grievance Committee (past chairman)
- Findlay-Hancock County Alliance's Economic Development Council
- Findlay Downtown Area Association (past president)
- Downtown Findlay Business Enhancement Committee
- Downtown Findlay Organizational Committee
- Findlay Noon Rotary Club
- Findlay City Council (past member)
- Hancock County Chapter of the American Heart Association (past president)
- Findlay Area Chrysalis (past chair)
- City Mission of Findlay (past chair)
Publications & News
- Three Named Lawyers of the YearAugust 18, 2022
- Six Named Lawyers of the YearAugust 21, 2021
- August 20, 2020
- August 15, 2019
- August 15, 2018
- August 15, 2017
- August 15, 2016
- June 25, 2010
- Kemp and Roepke Join Findlay OfficeApril 21, 2009
Events & Speaking Engagements
- With the rapidly changing landscape as we react to the COVID-19 virus, it is not business as usual.Recorded 3-31-20, March 31, 2020
- May 7, 2020
- September 18, 2013