- Ohio, 2010
- Northern District of Ohio, 2010
- Michigan, 2010
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2016
University of Michigan Law School, J.D. cum laude, 2009
Wright State University, B.F.A. (Acting) summa cum laude, 2005
“Managed risk– not just managing risk – is what our clients expect and deserve.”
Jared J. Lefevre, member, represents a broad range of clients, from individuals to large institutions, in a variety of industries, from manufacturing to professional services, in litigation and business matters. He is particularly interested and experienced in assisting clients successfully navigate through complex and emotionally difficult cases, such as closely held company disputes, malpractice and probate litigation. In order to effectively assist clients and third parties in arriving at efficient resolution of their disputes, Mr. Lefevre obtained a mediation skills training certificate from Northwestern University's School of Professional Studies.
Mr. Lefevre earned his juris doctorate, cum laude, from the University of Michigan Law School, where he was contributing editor for the Michigan Journal of Race & Law and served clients of the Child Advocacy Law Clinic. Prior to law school, he received a bachelor of fine arts in acting, summa cum laude, from Wright State University.
Mr. Lefevre is admitted to practice in Ohio, Michigan, and the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio.
A West Toledo native, Mr. Lefevre happily resides there with his wife and children.
- Prosecution of claims by a terminated minority shareholder against his former partners.
- Representation of a junior lienholder in the foreclosure of a historic skyscraper, resulting in a full redemption of our client’s mortgage interest.
- Defense of lawyers and medical practitioners in professional negligence matters.
- Representation of a beneficiary to a contested estate, including interrelated litigation concerning a family-owned corporation and trust.
- General representation of a steel supplier, including representation in automotive supply chain disputes and other litigation, as well as negotiation and drafting of material processing contracts and a master software licensing agreement.
Honors & Affiliations
Mr. Lefevre is a member of the Toledo, Ohio State, and American Bar Associations; the Morrison R. Waite Chapter of the American Inns of Court; and the American Bankruptcy Institute. He currently serves the Toledo community as the vice chair for Rescue Mental Health & Addiction Services, president of the Sunningdale Woods Association and board member of Glacity Theatre Collective. He is a graduate of the 2015 class for Leadership Monroe, through the Monroe County, Michigan Chamber of Commerce.
Honors & Awards
Mr. Lefevre is a 2017 and 2018 Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star.
Publications & News
- January 2, 2018
- December 6, 2017
- December 2, 2016
- September 7, 2012
- September 1, 2011
- July 7, 2011