- Ohio, 2010
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2010
U.S. Supreme Court, 2016
University of Michigan Law School, J.D. cum laude, 2009
Wright State University, B.F.A. (Acting) summa cum laude, 2005
“Managed risk– not just managing risk – is what our clients expect and deserve.”
In litigation and business matters Jared J. Lefevre, member, represents a broad and diverse range of clients encompassing individuals, large institutions, manufacturers and professional services. He is particularly interested and experienced in assisting clients successfully navigate through complex and emotionally difficult cases, such as closely held company disputes, malpractice and probate litigation. In order to effectively assist clients and third parties in arriving at efficient resolution of their disputes, Mr. Lefevre obtained a mediation skills training certificate from Northwestern University's School of Professional Studies.
While earning his juris doctorate, cum laude, from the University of Michigan Law School, Mr. Lefevre was contributing editor for the Michigan Journal of Race & Law and served clients of the Child Advocacy Law Clinic. Prior to law school, he received a bachelor of fine arts in acting, summa cum laude, from Wright State University.
Mr. Lefevre is admitted to practice in Ohio, Michigan, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
A West Toledo native, Mr. Lefevre happily resides there with his wife and children.
- Obtained a six-figure jury verdict in a partnership dispute concerning ownership of a family farm.
- Successful arbitration of a breach of contract claim on behalf of a medical practice against a terminated shareholder, resulting in a quarter million dollar award which was affirmed on appeal.
- Representation of a junior lienholder in the foreclosure of a historic skyscraper, resulting in a full redemption of our client’s mortgage interest.
- Representation of a beneficiary to a contested estate, including interrelated litigation concerning a family-owned corporation and trust.
- General representation of a steel supplier, including representation in automotive supply chain disputes and other litigation, as well as negotiation and drafting of material processing contracts and a master software licensing agreement.
- Defense of lawyers and medical practitioners in professional negligence matters.
Honors & Affiliations
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- Morrison R. Waite Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Toledo Bar Association
- Educational Service Center of Lake Erie West (member, Governing Board)
- Glacity Theatre Collective (board member)
- Leadership Monroe, 2015 Class
- Rescue Mental Health & Addiction Services (former board chair and vice chair)
- Sunningdale Woods Association (president)
Honors & Awards
Mr. Lefevre is designated an Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star by Super Lawyers (2017 - 2022).
Publications & News
- January 10, 2022
- September 8, 2021
- March 19, 2021
- Attorneys Assist Lucas County Land Reutilization Corporation in Acquiring Historic Downtown PropertiesAugust 5, 2020
- December 5, 2018
- January 2, 2018
- December 6, 2017
- December 2, 2016
- September 7, 2012
- September 1, 2011
- July 7, 2011
Events & Speaking Engagements
- The Bankruptcy & Creditors’ Rights Practice Group of Eastman & Smith Ltd. invites you to attend a free webinar.Recorded 4-16-20, April 16, 2020
- Supreme Court Resolves Dispute Over Creditors’ Obligation to Turn Over Estate Assets at Time of Chapter 13 Bankruptcy PetitionJanuary 19, 2021
- June 8, 2020
- Stripping Down Residential Mortgages Under the Small Business Reorganization Act: A Preview of Things to Come?April 21, 2020
- March 24, 2020
- Updated: March 27, 2020
- January 17, 2020
- August 26, 2019
- July 15, 2019
- July 10, 2019
- June 11, 2019
- August 17, 2018
- June 23, 2017
- March 28, 2017