- Ohio, 2005
- Michigan, 2010
- U.S. District Courts:
-Northern District of Ohio, 2005
-Southern District of Ohio, 2007
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2006
The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2005
Bowling Green State University, B.S.B.A., 2002
“Litigation is shrouded in misconception. The heart of my practice is shedding light on the litigation process and counseling clients on its benefits and risks.”
Mark W. Sandretto is an attorney at Eastman & Smith, who assists lenders, credit unions, small and medium sized businesses, insurers and their insureds in litigated matters. He obtained his bachelor of science in business administration from Bowling Green State University in 2002 and juris doctorate from The Ohio State University College of Law in 2005. He is licensed to practice law in state and federal courts in both Ohio and Michigan.
When not practicing law, Mr. Sandretto is an active father to two young children and enjoys golf, jogging and the vistas of Northern Michigan.
While at Eastman & Smith, Mr. Sandretto has advised:
- a commercial manufacturing tenant in a Chapter 11 adversary proceeding and related negotiated asset purchase and lease exit strategy from debtor premises.
- a commercial lender in both state court and federal bankruptcy court regarding a contested reorganization of a scrap and towing business.
- several businesses regarding disputes over their customers’ failure to pay for goods delivered.
- receivers in commercial property recovery and operational matters.
- a commercial landlord regarding leasehold rights pre- and post-rejection in national retailer bankruptcies.
- a community redevelopment corporation regarding strategies for acquisition and redevelopment of blighted properties.
- numerous clients regarding defense of professional liability and personal injury claims.
- a lender in workouts of delinquent commercial debt, including preparation of forbearance agreements, filing and managing real estate foreclosures, seeking appointment of a receiver, and liquidation of collateral.
- credit unions negotiating reaffirmation agreements of secured debt.
Honors & Affiliations
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Sandretto serves on the Board of Directors of Sunset Retirement Communities, Inc., a non-profit continuing care retirement community serving elders in Toledo and Northwest Ohio, where he is a past board chair. He is finance chair on the Board of Directors of Maria Early Learning Center, a sponsored ministry of the Sisters of Notre Dame. Mr. Sandretto also serves on the Toledo Bar Association's Bankruptcy and Bar Admissions Committees. He is an active member of the American Bankruptcy Institute and Toledo RoadRunners Club.
Honors & Awards
Mr. Sandretto is an Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star (2016-2020).
Publications & News
- March 3, 2023
- October 5, 2022
- September 8, 2021
- May 12, 2021
- March 19, 2021
- Attorneys Assist Lucas County Land Reutilization Corporation in Acquiring Historic Downtown PropertiesAugust 5, 2020
- December 4, 2019
- December 5, 2018
- December 6, 2017
- December 2, 2016
- September 1, 2016
- July 23, 2014
- December 17, 2010
Events & Speaking Engagements
- The Bankruptcy & Creditors’ Rights Practice Group of Eastman & Smith Ltd. invites you to attend a free webinar.Recorded 4-16-20, April 16, 2020
- U.S. Supreme Court Holds “Passive” Fraud Excepted from Discharge Under Bankruptcy CodeMarch 23, 2023
- Supreme Court Resolves Dispute Over Creditors’ Obligation to Turn Over Estate Assets at Time of Chapter 13 Bankruptcy PetitionJanuary 19, 2021
- June 8, 2020
- Stripping Down Residential Mortgages Under the Small Business Reorganization Act: A Preview of Things to Come?April 21, 2020
- Updated: March 27, 2020
- March 24, 2020
- January 17, 2020
- August 26, 2019
- July 15, 2019
- July 10, 2019
- June 11, 2019
- June 5, 2018
- June 23, 2017
- March 28, 2017
- December 10, 2010