- Ohio, 2005
- Michigan, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2005
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2006
The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2005
Bowling Green State University, B.S.B.A., 2002
“Litigation is shrouded in misconception. The heart of my practice is shedding light on the litigation process and counseling clients on its benefits and risks.”
Mark W. Sandretto is an attorney at Eastman & Smith, who assists lenders, credit unions, small and medium sized businesses, insurers and their insureds in litigated matters. He obtained his bachelor of science in business administration from Bowling Green State University in 2002 and juris doctorate from The Ohio State University College of Law in 2005. He is licensed to practice law in state and federal courts in both Ohio and Michigan.
When not practicing law, Mr. Sandretto is an active father to two young children and enjoys golf, jogging and the vistas of Northern Michigan.
While at Eastman & Smith, Mr. Sandretto has:
- Represented a commercial lender in both state court and federal bankruptcy court regarding a contested reorganization of a scrap and towing business.
- Assisted a lender in workouts of delinquent commercial debt, including preparation of forbearance agreements, filing and managing real estate foreclosures, seeking appointment of a receiver, and liquidation of collateral.
- Worked with credit unions negotiating reaffirmation agreements of secured debt.
- Represented several businesses regarding disputes over their customers’ failure to pay for goods delivered.
- Counseled numerous clients regarding defense of professional liability and personal injury claims.
Honors & Affiliations
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Sandretto serves on the board of directors of Sunset Retirement Communities, Inc., a non-profit continuing care retirement community serving elders in Toledo and Northwest Ohio, most recently as vice-chair. He also serves on the Toledo Bar Association’s Bar Admissions Committee and is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute.
Honors & Awards
Mr. Sandretto is an Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star (2016-2020).
Publications & News
- December 4, 2019
- December 5, 2018
- December 6, 2017
- December 2, 2016
- September 1, 2016
- July 23, 2014
- December 17, 2010
- January 17, 2020
- August 26, 2019
- July 15, 2019
- July 10, 2019
- June 11, 2019
- June 5, 2018
- June 23, 2017
- March 28, 2017
- December 10, 2010
- Where do the Children Play?February 1, 2007