- Ohio, 1973
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 1993
Case Western Reserve University, J.D., 1973
Kent State University, B.A. (Political Science), 1970
“The best outcomes and benefits occur when the attorney and client partner together.”
During her more than 45 years as an attorney, Linde Hurst Webb has seen how effective it can be when attorneys work in conjunction with their clients. This holds true no matter if the issues involve eminent domain, real estate, sunshine laws, trusts, estates, probate or guardianships.
Formerly employed as an assistant attorney general working with the Ohio Department of Transportation, Ms. Webb handled matters involving the acquisition of property through the eminent domain process. Because Ms. Webb has worked on both sides of eminent domain cases, the knowledge she has amassed aids her in reaching clients’ goals of fair and equitable settlements. Whether representing businesses or individuals, Ms. Webb ensures her clients know the process and their rights.
Ms. Webb has been in private practice since leaving the government’s employ and is now of counsel with Eastman & Smith.
In real estate matters, Ms. Webb addresses diverse issues including appraisals, real estate valuation challenges and zoning. She has represented individuals, businesses, developers and government agencies. The result is clients have an attorney who can understand each side’s point of view. Additionally, she has a vast knowledge of appraisal and real estate valuation techniques.
Estates, trusts, probates and guardianships can involve emotional issues and unpleasant disagreements. Suspicions of wrongdoing just add to the tension. Ms. Webb has years of experience handling problematic matters, such as misappropriation of funds and property. Clients can be confident that Ms. Webb is aware of the emotions evoked and does her best to resolve issues promptly and fairly.
After earning a degree in political science, Ms. Webb attended Boston University College of Law, ultimately attaining her law degree from Case Western Reserve University. A resident of Toledo, Ms. Webb enjoys a variety of sports including squash, paddle tennis, pickleball and golf.
Ms. Webb’s experience includes:
- Representing businesses, governments and individuals in a myriad of eminent domain proceedings, from settlement through jury trial, encompassing roads, sewers, ditches and hospitals.
- Consulting with government entities to confirm they are using proper procedures for the taking of property.
- Assisting landowners to ensure their property is taken for a public use and they are paid just compensation.
- Advising on closings, purchase agreements and land sale proceedings in an estate or trust.
- Representing landowners and businesses in real estate tax appeals.
- Addressing issues arising from zoning, boundary and survey disputes, and parcel splits.
- Representing property owners and government agencies on condemnation proceedings and easements.
- Helping obtain appraisals and real estate valuations.
- Representing real estate developers regarding sales, location of easements and other restrictions upon the land.
Estates, Probate and Trusts
- Developing plans for the physical and financial care.
- Assisting with the recovery of property and funds misappropriated from estates and guardianships.
- Creating asset plans.
- Serves as guardian in certain circumstances.
Ohio Sunshine Laws
- Assisting clients (comprised of governments, boards, businesses and private citizens) in ensuring government is following public record requests and obeying open meeting requirements of the Ohio Sunshine Laws.
Honors & Affiliations
- Advocates for Basic Legal Equality (ABLE)
- Board of Trustees, 1996 - 1998
- Co-chair for ABLE Fundraising Campaign (1993 - 1994; 1994 - 1995)
- American Board of Trial Advocates, 2018 - Present
- Catharine Eberly Center for Women at University of Toledo
- Advisory Board (member, 2001 - 2007; chair, 2003 - 2007)
- Lucas County Bar Association
- Morrison R. Waite Chapter, American Inns of Court Foundation
- Former master of the bench
- Former president, 2009 - 2010
- Ohio Bar Liability Insurance Company (Board of Directors, 2013 - Present)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Counsel of Delegates, 1996 - Present
- Commission on Judicial Candidates, at-large member, January 1, 2011
- Masters at the Bar Task Force, January 2010
- Ohio State Bar Association Foundation
- Life Fellow
- Ohio Supreme Court, Board of Commissioners on Grievances and Discipline, 1995 - 2000 (former chair)
- Toledo Bar Association
- Board of Trustees (former member)
- Probate Committee (member)
- Common Pleas Court Committee (prior member)
- Judicial Selection Committee (past member)
- Professionalism Committee (former chair, past member)
- Real Estate Committee (previous member)
- Ohio Women's Bar Association (founding and sustaining member; past president)
- Toledo Women's Bar Association (past president)
Honors & Awards
- Catharine S. Eberly Center for Women - Woman of the Year Award, 2004 - 2005
- Rated Distinguished by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Toledo Women’s Bar Association, Arabella Babb Mansfield Award, 1994
- Toledo City Paper’s Best Toledo Lawyer, 2013
- Who's Who in Toledo Area Law by the Toledo Business Journal, 2009 - 2019
Publications & News
- November 25, 2019
- November 13, 2019