- Ohio, 1996
University of Toledo College of Law, cum laude, 1996
University of Toledo, B.B.A. (Finance) cum laude, 1991
Gene R. Abercrombie concentrates his practice in the area of commercial real estate law, with an emphasis on sale and leasing transactions of all sizes, zoning and planning, real estate tax appeals, real estate brokerage law and mechanics’ lien law.
Prior to rejoining the Firm in 2001, Mr. Abercrombie served as vice president and general counsel of the then largest real estate services corporation in Northwest Ohio and has served on the Springfield Township Board of Zoning Appeals. He is a member in Eastman & Smith’s Real Estate Practice Group.
Mr. Abercrombie received his B.B.A. in finance from the University of Toledo and graduated cum laude from the University of Toledo College of Law in 1996, where he was a member of the law review. He also serves as a member of the 22nd Century Committee/Downtown Toledo Development Corporation, a group of Toledo business leaders studying redevelopment of the downtown core of Toledo.
- Representation of a national developer on zoning and planning issues for a $90 million lifestyle center in Maumee, Ohio.
- Coordination of all real estate aspects (involving properties in five states) in connection with the sale of a privately held scrap management company to a publically traded corporation with a sale price in excess of $1 billion.
- Acquisition of multiple parcels and buildings for construction of a $100 million multi-purpose downtown arena.
- Assisting the developer of a national restaurant chain on all real estate aspects for multiple new stores.
- Real estate tax appeals for a $40 million office tower in downtown Toledo, a $90 million lifestyle center in Maumee, Ohio, and a $175 million automobile manufacturing facility in Toledo, Ohio.
- Representation of franchisees of national franchises in the restaurant and fitness fields in connection with leasing needs.
Publications & News
- September 18, 2013
- October 11, 2012
- June 17, 2011
- January 29, 2010
- June 1, 2008
- March 1, 2008
- (Part One of Two)October 1, 2007