- Ohio, 2013
- Michigan, 2018
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2014
University of Toledo, J.D., 2013
University of Toledo, M.B.A., 2013
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, B.S., 2006
From annexation to zoning, Kyle D. Tucker advises clients on all aspects of real property. He is devoted to helping his clients achieve their goals.
Mr. Tucker served as an officer in the U.S. Army where he earned several awards including the Bronze Star. While on deployment in Afghanistan, he managed infrastructure projects ranging from schools and roads to bridges and micro-hydro power plants among other duties. Since the completion of his active duty obligation, he seeks to serve his country in a different capacity through his legal work and community involvement. He regularly advises clients on the following:
- land acquisitions and sales (negotiating and documenting transactions);
- commercial development and due diligence items;
- leasing transactions;
- landlord-tenant disputes (commercial and residential);
- real estate financing (representing lenders and borrowers); and
- the various rights among owners, buyers, tenants, lenders, and borrowers.
His land use and zoning practice includes assisting clients with obtaining governmental approvals for annexations, conditional use permits, lot splits, variances, and zoning amendments. Since multiple parties typically are involved in many of the above matters, Mr. Tucker has become accustomed to advocating effectively.
Mr. Tucker commits a detailed review to each matter and is proficient in identifying an issue, formulating a solution, and resolving that problem by executing the plan.
He received his J.D. and M.B.A. degrees from the University of Toledo. He is a member in our Real Estate Law and Aggregates and Industrial Minerals Practice Groups and is licensed to practice in Michigan and Ohio.
- Drafting purchase agreements, options and other transaction related documents including easements.
- Negotiating and drafting commercial lease agreements (including mineral conveyance).
- Defending overweight surface mining trucks.
- Advising Ohio real property owners regarding the termination of oil and gas leases through the statutory forfeiture process.
- Representing real property owners and companies regarding zoning and land use issues.
- Representing clients before administrative agencies such as the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) and the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR).
Honors & Affiliations
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
- Military Officers Association of America
- Neighborhood Properties, Inc.
- Ohio Aggregate and Industrial Minerals Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Toledo Bar Association
- Secretary of Real Estate Committee
- Former member of the American, Columbus and Cleveland Metropolitan bar associations
Publications & News
- December 4, 2018
- March 27, 2017
- Amendments to Ohio’s law for real estate brokers or salespersons take effect on April 6.March 27, 2017
- March 27, 2017
- January 13, 2017
- November 14, 2016
- September 16, 2016
- June 9, 2016