- Ohio, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2018
- University of Toledo, JD, 2017
- University of Toledo, BA (with honors), 2013
“My goal is to be your business partner by creating long-term policies and practices that will be beneficial for your business and maintain strong labor relations.”
Elizabeth L. Bolduc, an associate with Eastman & Smith, believes good corporate governance leads to good employee relationships and fewer incidents ending in litigation. She has represented manufacturers, schools, wholesale and retail establishments, restaurants, hotels and consultants in both transactional and litigation/regulatory matters including:
- Advice regarding appropriate courses of action in employment matters including accommodation and leave requests.
- Investigation of workplace complaints and employee misconduct.
- Review employment documents such as:
- employment contracts and non-compete agreements
- job applications
- job descriptions
- workplace policies
- separation agreements
- Defense of workplace discrimination, harassment and wrongful discharge claims including disability, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age and national origin.
- Representation of employers in workplace injury cases, including employer intentional torts and Violations of Specific Safety Requirements (VSSRs).
- Litigation of collective actions under Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), class actions under Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and matters under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA).
- Defense of contract matters, including non-competition and employment agreements.
After graduating from law school, Ms. Bolduc was employed by a health care company and while in law school she worked for a manufacturer. Both positions were in a legal capacity and provided valuable, firsthand experience regarding issues facing employers.
Ms. Bolduc often presents to organizations regarding employment law issues and maintains active social media accounts addressing employment law. She graduated from the University of Toledo with degrees in law and pre-law. While in law school, Ms. Bolduc was the symposium editor of the University of Toledo Law Review and vice president of the Student Bar Association.
Even though in elementary school Ms. Bolduc determined law was to be her career, she balances that passion with more athletic endeavors like water sports and tennis. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends (both human and canine).
Some examples of Ms. Bolduc’s experience are:
- Received favorable ruling from Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals in wrongful termination claim (affirmed trial court decision granting summary judgment).
- Obtained various No Probable Cause Findings from the Ohio Civil Rights Commission (OCRC), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).
- Recieved a favorable arbitration award in teacher wrongful termination case.
Honors & Affiliations
- Northwest Ohio Human Resources Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Society of Human Resource Management
- Toledo Bar Association (Labor & Employment Committee, Young Lawyers Committee)
- Toledo Women’s Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- University of Toledo, Employment and Constitutional Law, Highest Ranking Student
- University of Toledo, Constitutional law I and II, Highest Ranking Student