Going for the Gold: Strategies for Achieving Success in the Workers' Compensation Games
Although the economic climate appears to be improving, employers should continue to watch every dollar. One area that especially requires monitoring is employers' workers' compensation costs. Join us for a seminar focused on providing employers with practical information to help reduce those costs and effectively manage their workers' compensation programs. This seminar will include advanced discussions on the following topics:
- Defending against claims for temporary total and wage loss compensation, including a discussion of the proposed new wage loss rules;
- Defending against claims for permanent partial and scheduled loss benefits;
- Use of surveillance evidence at Industrial Commission hearings;
- Update on what's new in Ohio's workers' compensation law; and
- Role of the FMLA in the context of work injuries.
To register, please contact Laura Pinardo by February 4, 2014, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-424-7986. Registration is free. Seminar begins at 9:00 a.m. and lasts until 12:15 p.m. Registration at the door begins at 8:30 a.m. This program has been submitted to HRCI for approval and can count toward BWC safety council meeting credit. Continental breakfast will be provided.