- New York, 2014
U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, 2012
- George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2011
- George Washington University, B.S. (Mechanical Engineering; minor in Japanese language and literature), 2006
“Using intellectual property mechanisms, I protect your business ideas and assets.”
Trademarks, copyrights and patents are some of the tools Rita K. Sinha-Marsh, of counsel with Eastman & Smith, uses to ensure the ideas and assets of businesses, inventors, artists and individuals receive legal protection both in the United States and internationally. Her practice includes prosecuting patent applications, managing IP portfolios as well as filing trademark and copyright registrations. She has represented entities in a number of industries including finance, manufacturing, retail and services.
Prior to joining Eastman & Smith, Ms. Sinha-Marsh’s experience includes serving as a patent examiner at the United States Patent & Trademark Office, providing Japanese language litigation support to Am Law 100 law firms on patent infringement and product liability matters, and serving as a judicial intern with the Circuit Court of Charles County, Maryland. Ms. Sinha-Marsh also ran her own intellectual property law firm, making her very familiar with the intricacies involved with the operation of a business.
In addition to practicing law, Ms. Sinha-Marsh speaks to groups regarding issues associated with intellectual property law. She contributes support and advocacy to domestic violence survivors, immigrant communities and formerly incarcerated populations. Ms. Sinha-Marsh is admitted in New York and Florida, but not Ohio.
Ms. Sinha-Marsh reads and writes Japanese as well as speaks Hindi.
Several years residing in Michigan made Ms. Sinha-Marsh a Wolverines fan. Currently, Ms. Sinha-Marsh resides in Florida with her husband and their two children.
Ms. Sinha-Marsh has served over 200 business entities, entrepreneurs and solo inventors as general counsel on business issues relating to intellectual property law, tax law, commercial contracts, dispute resolution and marketing.
Honors & Affiliations
- National Association of Patent Practitioners, 2017 - Present
- Catch Them Young (board member of the youth advocacy organization), 2019 – Present
- Girl CEO (board member), 2017 - Present
- Washington DC Mayor’s Office of Volunteerism (board member), 2008 – 2013
Honors & Awards
- Claes Nobel Educator of Distinction, 2009
- USA Presidential Volunteer Service Award, 2008
- Washington DC Mayor’s Community Service Award, 2007