- Ohio, 1989
University of Toledo College of Law, J.D., 1988
Bowling Green State University, B.A., 1985
Lane D. Williamson is a lifelong resident of Northwest Ohio. Mr. Williamson's practice includes business matters, real estate and estate planning.
In particular, Mr. Williamson's practice has focused on real estate acquisition and development with a concentration on land use, annexation, zoning and planning law and permits/entitlements that also includes aspects of public law. Additionally, he regularly counsels both for profit and nonprofit organizations, and maintains an estate planning practice including representation of a multi-generational family office. As a member of Eastman & Smith, Mr. Williamson is involved with Firm management, presently as chair of the Firm's Executive Committee.
Mr. Williamson has successfully handled a wide variety of transactions and has prevailed in matters before both administrative and judicial bodies, including the Ohio Supreme Court. Specific examples of Mr. Williamson's legal experience include:
- Assisting with the site plan approval and other permits necessary for the construction of a 1.7 million square foot regional distribution facility for a Fortune 100 company.
- Obtaining a decision from the Ohio Supreme Court granting a protest before a local board of elections that assisted with the development of a multi-million dollar power plant.
- Assisting with the assembly, annexation, rezoning and development of approximately 1,000 acres of real estate for commercial and retail development.
- Obtaining judgment validating special assessments for road and related infrastructure improvements in a multi-jurisdictional assembly of real estate.
- Obtaining highway commercial zoning for a strategically located parcel of real estate without planned unit development or other restrictive requirements.
- Obtaining road vacations and closures, assisting with the acquisition of permits and entitlements and successfully negotiating water and sewer agreements for a new intermodal railroad terminal with national implications.
- Obtaining grade crossing closures and right-of-way vacations, assisting with land assembly and permits, and negotiation of inter-governmental agreements for improvements to an existing intermodal rail facility.
- East Ohio Gas Co. v. Wood County Board of Elections, 83 Ohio St.3d 298, 699 N.E.2d 916 (1998);
- Avery v. Rossford, Ohio Transportation Improvement District, 145 Ohio App.3d 155 (2001);
- Frye v. Wood County Board of Revision, 2004-Ohio-3452 (2004);
- Wenz v. Wood County Board of Revision, 2004-Ohio-2781 (2004);
- Wenz v. Rossford, Ohio Transportation Improvement District, 392 F.Supp.2d 931 (2005);
- Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral v. City of Toledo Plan Commission, 2006-Ohio-6631 (2006);
- State ex rel. Miller Diversified Holdings, L.L.C. v. Wood County Board of Elections, 123 Ohio St.3d 260, 2009-Ohio-4980 (2009).
Honors & Affiliations
Mr. Williamson is committed to serving the community in which he lives and works, and has been active on a number of charitable boards over the years. He is currently past president of the Executive Committee of the Wood County Economic Development Commission. During his two terms as president, he was involved with the Commission's role in successful projects such as the Home Depot regional fulfillment center in Troy Township, the Bass Pro Shops development in Rossford, the CSX Northwest Ohio Trans-Shipment Terminal in North Baltimore and the relocation of the Owens Illinois corporate headquarters to Perrysburg, Ohio. Mr. Williamson is also a past chair of the Arts & Sciences Advocates Board at Bowling Green State University
Publications & News
- September 1, 2016
- August 31, 2010
- April 22, 2008
- June 1, 2008
- October 1, 2007