- Michigan, 1978
Wayne State University, J.D., 1978
University of Michigan, B.A. (Economics), 1975
Before joining Eastman & Smith, Gregory J. Ridella worked for over thirty-three years in the automotive industry, serving as in-house counsel for a large automotive manufacturer. During his long career, Mr. Ridella was counselor to the Human Resources Department and management on legal matters pertaining to non-union and union employment. He is an of counsel attorney in our Detroit, Michigan, office.
Mr. Ridella brings his valued experience to the benefit of Eastman & Smith's clients who desire an in-house perspective on legal matters.
Mr. Ridella has deep and comprehensive experience on many matters related to employment law, including:
- Advising on issues pertaining to hiring, selecting, downsizing and rightsizing the workforce;
- Counseling on matters related to employee discipline, diversity and affirmative action planning, privacy and security;
- Developing and evaluating the effectiveness of performance evaluation tools;
- Implementing EEO and non-discrimination compliance requirements;
- Drafting employment, separation, consultant and employee benefit provider agreements;
- Advising and negotiating on labor and employment matters arising during acquisitions and divestitures;
- Evaluating compensation programs and pay practices;
- Responding to civil rights agency claims and managing agency audits;
- Participating in labor negotiations; and
- Managing complex litigation in federal and state courts.