U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Invention-Con 2020
Every year, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) invites inventors, innovation enthusiasts, makers, entrepreneurs, small business owners, intellectual property professionals and anyone who may be interested in intellectual property (IP) to their annual Invention-Con conference. The conference provides information about the assistance and resources the USPTO offers as attendees hear presentations from well-known public and private sector experts.
The theme of this year’s conference is “Your IP: A power tool for building success.” Consistent with previous years, the goal of the conference is to help inventors better understand and identify the steps needed to protect their IP – from invention to marketplace. Attendees will hear a variety of topics including:
- how inventors can successfully use their IP;
- helpful resources that are available at the national, state and local levels;
- IP strategies vital to any innovator;
- IP networks;
- filing patent applications;
- best practices for filing successful patent applications;
- applying for a trademark;
- the patent examination process;
- building business models; and
- marketing research.
This year’s event is free and will be held online from Thursday, August 20, through Saturday, August 22. The conference requires prior registration. Interested parties can learn more about past USPTO Invention-Cons at Invention-Con program web page.
For more information, or to be added to the email list for Invention-Con updates, interested parties should contact InventionCon@uspto.gov.