- Ohio, 2018
Ohio Northern University, J.D., 2018
The Ohio State University, B.A. (Public Affairs), 2013
Great customer service and hard work are several attributes needed by business owners. Kaden J. R. Weaver understands this very well.
During high school and throughout college, Mr. Weaver worked at his family’s Findlay business. This experience gave him an appreciation for what business owners need to do in order to meet their companies’ needs as well as plan for their own futures. His work helping non-profits underscored the experience. This appreciation continues in his career as an associate with Eastman & Smith. Mr. Weaver is part of the Business Law; Estate Planning, Trusts and Probate; and Non-Profit/Tax Exempt practice groups.
As a law student, Mr. Weaver took advantage of several opportunities to learn the practicalities of law. These encompassed:
- interning at Ohio Northern’s Corporate Transaction Clinic where he provided legal assistance to area non-profit organizations. This entailed registering for 501(c)(3) status as well as reviewing and drafting bylaws.
- clerking for judges in the Hancock County Common Pleas Court as well as interning with another law firm. At both he gained experience drafting court documents and conducting legal research.
- honing his negotiation skills in the ABA’s Negotiation Competition.
- co-authoring “A Quick and Easy Guide to the New FDII, GILTI, and 100 Percent Foreign DRD International Tax Provisions of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.”
While earning his public affairs degree at The Ohio State University, Mr. Weaver worked as a student assistant in the late Senator John Glenn’s office and also as an intern for a member of Congress. There he aided in addressing constituents’ requests for assistance, gaining an understanding of the intricacies of government workings.
When not practicing law, Mr. Weaver can be found riding his road bicycle or attempting a round of golf. Drums are an interest as well, though Mr. Weaver has not had much opportunity to play since being in Findlay High School’s steel drum band Pantasia.
Honors & Affiliations
American Bar Association
Hancock Historical Museum Association (board member)
Hancock Leadership, 2015
Open Arms (board member)
Publications & News
- September 25, 2020
- Types of DNRs Available in OhioMay 22, 2020
- March 31, 2020
- March 13, 2020