- Ohio, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts, Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
Capital University, J.D. magna cum laude, 1998
Ohio University, B.B.A. magna cum laude, 1986
“A successful client relationship requires more than a partnership of ideas and strategies. It requires favorable results to advance client goals.”
Those two priorities—relationships and results—help to explain why Mr. Brown is blessed to have clients whom he has served for more than a decade. With more than twenty-five years of business and litigation experience, Mr. Brown understands litigation within the context of his clients’ business. Mr. Brown offers a perspective sometimes overlooked: advancing clients' goals by first understanding their business and then anticipating how litigation affects it.
Mr. Brown serves his clients in a variety of litigation and general counsel capacities including:
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Non-Compete Litigation and Contract Review
- Partner, Majority and Minority Shareholder Disputes
- Transportation Logistics and Contract Review
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Business and Commercial Real Estate Transactions
Mr. Brown graduated magna cum laude from Ohio University in 1986 and magna cum laude from Capital University Law School in 1998. In law school, Mr. Brown served on the editorial board of Capital University Law Review. Mr. Brown has served as an arbitrator in a breach of fiduciary duty case, a topic on which he has lectured and is published.
Mr. Brown is admitted in the Ohio Bar, U.S. District Courts, Southern and Northern Districts, and the U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit. He resides in Lancaster, Ohio, and is an of counsel attorney with Eastman & Smith.
- Columbus Maennerchor (Client) v. Reiner, et al.: Obtained Verdict of $956,000 (Nine-day jury trial, breach of director duty on behalf of a charitable organization, obtaining a jury verdict of $956,000.)
- Client v. Anonymous Leading National Broadcast Satellite Service (AAA Arbitration, breach of contract involving more than one million dollars, successful settlement during final stages of arbitration in Manhattan, New York.)
- Client v. Anonymous Private Educational Institution (Obtained a temporary restraining order preventing Defendant from wrongfully selling a $250,000 quarter horse and transporting it across state lines.)
Honors & Affiliations
Mr. Brown is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association and the Fairfield County Bar Association. He also has served on several boards including, presently, Maywood Mission.
Honors & Awards
While at law school, Mr. Brown was elected to the Order of the Coif and received four CALI Jurisprudence Awards for Excellence. In 2012, Mr. Brown’s Alma Mater, Ohio University, awarded him the Alumni Leadership Award.
Publications & News
- January 20, 2015