- Ohio, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2005
University of Toledo, J.D. magna cum laude, 2003
Miami University (of Ohio), B.A. (Diplomacy and Foreign Affairs), 1995
Sarah E. Pawlicki has a broad range of employment experience, partnering with human resource professionals to make workplaces better (and legally compliant). Her experience includes collective bargaining and grievance issues, employment law compliance and workers' compensation law.
Additionally she is a Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP). Ms. Pawlicki is a member of Eastman & Smith and chairs the Firm's women's initiative, The Women of Eastman & Smith Ltd. (WES).
- Counseling employers in all areas of employment law including Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Title VII and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA).
- Assisting employers in collective bargaining and grievance issues, including representation in arbitration and proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).
- Representing employers in employment discrimination and workers' compensation matters before administrative agencies, including the OCRC, EEOC and the Industrial Commission.
- Representing employers in employment litigation in federal and Ohio courts.
- Advising public employers and community schools on employment issues particular to those entities and representing public employers before the State Employment Relations Board (SERB).
Honors & Affiliations
Ms. Pawlicki is a member of the Toledo Bar Association, where she sits on the Labor & Employment and Bar Admissions committees. Additionally Ms. Pawlicki is on the Northwest Ohio Human Resource Association Board and was its president in 2016. Ms. Pawlicki is also a member of the board of directors for Directions Credit Union. Directions Credit Union is an Ohio state-chartered credit union with over $800,000,000 in assets.
Honors & Awards
In 2012 Ms. Pawlicki was honored with a 20 Under 40 award. This program recognizes persons under the age of 40 who have "distinguished themselves in their careers and/or as a volunteer in the community." The Toledo Business Journal named her as one of Toledo's Who's Who in Area Law and Super Lawyer's magazine listed her as a Rising Star in 2013 and 2014.
Publications & News
- September 1, 2016
- July 16, 2015
- February 4, 2013
- September 28, 2012
- July 6, 2012
- April 18, 2012
- April 16, 2012
- December 31, 2011
- March 30, 2010
- June 9, 2009
Events & Speaking Engagements
- The Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Responding to Employee Leave Requests in an Uncertain TimeRecorded 4-3-20April 3, 2020
- March 25, 2020
- Employment Law SeminarHilton Garden Inn at Levis Commons - Perrysburg, Ohio - 6165 Levis Commons Blvd, Perrysburg, OH 43551, October 5, 2017
- Workers’ Compensation Safety Training—Hot Topics in Employment LawMay 3, 2017
- The Employers' Associaton Annual ConferenceHilton Garden Inn at Levis Commons - Perrysburg, Ohio 6165 Levis Commons Blvd, Perrysburg, OH 43551, March 17, 2017
- Findlay Country Club, 1500 Country Club Drive, Findlay, Ohio, February 12, 2016
- Hilton Garden Inn Perrysburg, Ohio, February 4, 2016
- February 11, 2020
- August 29, 2016
- Look for Dramatic Increases in the Number of "Joint Employers" After NLRB's Browning-Ferris DecisionOctober 9, 2015
- July 15, 2015
- April 23, 2015
- March 12, 2015
- March 12, 2015
- December 10, 2014
- May 28, 2014
- August 28, 2013
- January 20, 2012
- May 11, 2011
- October 28, 2010
- October 28, 2010
- Social Networking: You're Hired to You're Fired. The Legalities of Social Networking in Employment PracticesSeptember 20, 2010
- January 22, 2010
- May 1, 2009
- April 1, 2009
- January 8, 2009
- June 1, 2007
- April 1, 2006