- Ohio, 2020
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2021
University of Toledo, JD, cum laude, 2020
Bowling Green State University, BA (sociology and psychology), 2010
With nearly a decade of experience as a human resource professional, Lindsey K. Self is prepared to assist her clients with issues that arise in their workplaces.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Ms. Self worked in human resources for several manufacturing companies, a staffing agency and a college. Her experience includes employee relations, recruiting and staffing logistics, policy implementation, leave administration, investigations and management training.
Currently, Ms. Self is an associate with Eastman & Smith in the Labor & Employment and Immigration Practice Groups. Providing advice on a variety of employment issues and assisting employers navigating the requirements of hiring foreign nationals is the crux of her practice. She is certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) by the HR Certification Institute and as a Certified Professional by the Society of Human Resource Professionals (SHRP-CP).
Informing others on ways they can improve employee performance and mitigate risks is part of Ms. Self’s mission. She gave a TEDxToledo Talk on unconscious bias in the workplace and writes on timely employment law topics.
While a law student, Ms. Self served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Jeffrey Helmick of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio and the Honorable Darlene O’Brien of the Washtenaw County Trial Court. She was the editor-in-chief of the University of Toledo Law Review and worked as a law clerk for the Firm.
Ms. Self enjoys traveling and spending time outdoors with her family. She resides in Holland with her husband and their two children.
Honors & Affiliations
- Make it Count Toledo, co-founder
- Mom’s House Toledo
- Northwest Ohio Human Resource Association (board member)
- Society of Human Resource Professionals
- Toledo Women’s Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Bowling Green State University, Distinguished Young Alumni Award, 2017
Publications & News
Publications & Newsletters
- Law Review Lecture on Finding Friendship in a Contentious Place: A Conversation with Obergefell And Hodges From the Landmark U.S. Supreme Court Case on Same-Sex MarriageUniversity of Toledo Law Review, Spring 2020
- Let the Air Out! Deflate Inflated Job Titles: Rethinking Title Inflation and Its Impact on Apparent Authority and Employer LiabilityUniversity of Toledo Law Review, Winter 2020
- The Employment Law Uniformity Act PassesJanuary 22, 2021
- Private Employers Look to Their Ability to Mandate Vaccinations in the WorkplaceJanuary 19, 2021
- June 18, 2020