- Ohio, 1998
- Indiana, 1999
- Michigan, 2005
- U.S. District Courts:
- Northern District of Ohio
- Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
University of Toledo, J.D., 1998
Albion College, BA, 1995
“Throughout my career, I have always looked for creative solutions to very complex and difficult situations.”
During his 20+ years as an attorney, Garrick O. White has seen how creative solutions to vexing issues can resolve the problems. A member of Eastman & Smith, Mr. White has experience handling complex and sensitive matters such as wrongful death, employment injuries and sexual misconduct. His practice focuses on civil litigation including:
- Construction Disputes involving issues such as employment matters, employee injuries, subcontractor disputes and breach of construction contracts.
- Health Care encompassing the defense of health care providers and facilities, as well as risk management policies and procedures.
- Insurance Defense comprising wrongful death, sexual misconduct claims and premises liability matters.
He has represented numerous clients in the transportation, insurance, construction and health care industries.
Before joining Eastman & Smith, Mr. White was a litigation specialist with an insurance company, handling matters proceeding towards litigation, complex and sensitive matters, and coordination and oversight of the defense of claims with outside counsel throughout the United States. Prior to joining the insurer, Mr. White worked in private practice for nearly 20 years where he handled a variety of civil litigation.
After earning his bachelor’s degree from Albion College in political science and public service, Mr. White embarked on his law degree from the University of Toledo. While at UT, Mr. White participated in the Moot Court team both as a coach and a member. He was a member of the Gerald R. Ford Institute for Public Service during his tenure at Albion College.
Mr. White enjoys spending time with his wife Tanya and their two daughters, especially on road trips throughout the United States, equestrian events and lacrosse games. The family attends Covenant Church in Perrysburg and also is involved in a variety of other ministries throughout Northwest Ohio.
Mr. White’s litigation experience encompasses representation of clients in both federal and state courts throughout Ohio and Michigan.. He has been involved in the defense of civil litigation trials involving claims of medical malpractice relating to:
- birth of a child;
- product liability involving the flammability standards for clothing;
- injuries and wrongful death of transportation employees;
- passenger injuries; and
- alleged breach of construction contracts.
Mr. White also has significant experience advising clients on:
- best practices;
- risk management;
- real estate transactions;
- corporate buy-sell agreements; and
- estate and trust planning.
Honors & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Lucas County Bar Association
- Morris Waite Chapter, Inns of Court
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Toledo Bar Association
- Anthony Wayne Athletic Boosters (girls varsity lacrosse representative)
- Black Swamp Conservancy (secretary)
- Covenant Church, Perrysburg
- March of Dimes (board vice president/finance & legal chair)
- Toledo Christian Schools (board president)
Honors & Awards
- Distinguished rating from Martindale Hubbell
- Whos' Who Among American Law Students, 1997 & 1998
Publications & News
- September 8, 2021