- Ohio, 1995
- Michigan, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 1995
- University of Toledo, J.D., 1994
- Michigan State University, BA (Advertising), 1989
“Issues arising from unexpected outcomes of medical procedures can be heartrending for both the patients and their medical professionals. Handling them requires not only knowledge of the law and medicine, but how to convey these complex issues in a compelling, yet compassionate way.”
Over 25 years of litigation experience, primarily in medical malpractice defense, has provided of counsel attorney Elizabeth E. Baer with the knowledge and skills necessary to address the complex legal and emotional issues that clients face.
Ms. Baer’s practice consists of litigation, claims management and insurance defense for physicians of varying specialties, nurses, hospitals, rehabilitation facilities and nursing homes. Matters where she has successfully defended medical professionals and institutions include:
- Birth Trauma
- Cardiopulmonary Arrest
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Failure to Diagnose
- Surgical Complications
- Wrongful Death
- Medication Errors
- Post-surgical Infection
In addition, Ms. Baer presents to various professional organization on topics such as liability, risk management and peer review issues. She also has taught paralegal courses.
After earning her degree in advertising from Michigan State University, Ms. Baer attended the University of Toledo College of Law, where she received her JD. She was a member of the Moot Court Board as well as the National Appellate Advocacy Team. During her first year on the Moot Court, she was honored with an award for her oral advocacy.
An avid tennis player, Ms. Baer resides in Ottawa Hills with her husband Peter. They have three children. Ms. Baer serves on the Advisory Board for SAME Café. She is a strong proponent of the arts and is on the Steering Committee for Urban Sight, a non-profit organization which promotes public and community art projects.
Honors & Affiliations
- Lucas County Public Defender Commission (member)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- SAME Café, Advisory Board
- Toledo Bar Association
- Member, Lawyers and Doctors Committee, 2008 – 2016
- Member, Professionalism Committee, 1998 – 2002
- Urban Sight, Steering Committee Member
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, 2010 – 2012
- Distinguished rating from Martindale Hubbell
- Voted Best Oralist, Moot Court Fornoff Competition, University of Toledo College of Law, 1992