- Ohio, 1987
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
Capital University Law School, J.D. cum laude, 1987
Miami University (of Ohio), B.A., 1984
Bryan L. Jeffries, while representing a wide variety of businesses, concentrates his practice in the area of construction law, and strives to provide the best value, service, responsiveness and cost-effective solutions for all types of legal issues facing construction-related businesses and the individuals that own them.
Mr. Jeffries is a member of Eastman & Smith and the chair of the Firm's Construction Law Practice Group. He regularly represents owners, general contractors, subcontractors, design professionals and material suppliers. Mr. Jeffries not only negotiates multi-million dollar contracts for construction clients, but also successfully deals with issues related to residential, industrial, commercial and public projects, in addition to multi-prime and design-build projects throughout Ohio and surrounding states. He advises clients on issues ranging from mechanics' liens, bidding disputes and insurance coverage of construction disputes, to construction defects, bonding and VSSR claims, just to name a few.
For over 27 years, Mr. Jeffries has been representing business clients of all sizes with regard to all of their legal needs, including business and corporate law, business litigation, health care law and employment law. He acts as general counsel to a number of small, medium-sized and family-owned businesses in many different industries such as restaurants, manufacturers, contractors, distributors and accounting firms.
Very active in the construction industry in Central Ohio, Mr. Jeffries is a frequent speaker and author on construction law, Ohio's mechanics' lien law and many other business law-related issues for a variety of organizations.
Honors & Affiliations
- Builders Exchange of Central Ohio
- American Subcontractors Association
- Construction Financial Management Association
- Franklinton Board of Trade
- National Association of Remodeling Industry
- Ohio and Columbus Bar Associations
- Hilliard Area Chamber of Commerce
- Networking Professionals of Columbus, Inc. (past president)
- Kiwanis Club of Columbus, Inc.
- Westerville Education Foundation (board member)
- Westerville City Schools Alumni Association (founding member, board member)
- Westerville City Schools Business Advisory Council (chair, Community Relations Committee)
- Former Adjunct Professor of Civil Litigation and Business Law at Capital University Law School, Paralegal Program
- Former Adjunct Professor of Business Law at both Columbus State Community College and Franklin University.
- Significant involvement with the Westerville City School District and education in Ohio on the secondary education, college and graduate school levels.
Additionally, Mr. Jeffries has participated as a mentor in the Supreme Court of Ohio's Lawyer to Lawyer Mentoring Program for several years. This program pairs new attorneys with experienced ones in an effort to assist these new attorneys as they start their careers.
Publications & News
- September 30, 2014
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Duke Energy Convention Center, April 29, 2016
- October 27, 2015
- October 19, 2015
- October 7, 2015
- Mere Allegations of Defective Construction May Leave Contractors Without Insurance Coverage on a ProjectBryan L. Jeffries and Michael J. PodolskyOctober 1, 2015
- August 31, 2015
- August 26, 2015
- August 7, 2015